Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bennett's Room

When I decided that I wanted dinosaurs for Bennett's room, it did not seem like that much of an undertaking...until we went to look for dinosaur stuff. What I found was either too "big boy" or just flat out ugly. Adam and I picked out colors from a random string of dinosaur lights I saw at Kohl's that I liked and we kind of tried to go from there. We painted the walls, but that was about all I had. I knew I wanted some dinosaurs on the wall but was very specific about what they were to look like. I found one single sheet of scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby that had dinosaurs on it, and decided those were the ones that were perfect for his wall. My mom volunteered to help me paint some of the stuff that I wanted on his wall. She and her friend Kathy are amazingly talented and crafty, so they were enlisted just for a few simple dinos on the wall-and then it took OFF! Mom found so many great ideas online. She transformed my puny little vision into a masterpiece. His room is seriously THE most amazing baby room I have ever seen in my life!!! Here are some pics from Mom and Kathy's work of art.



They added dinosaur feet to the pulls for the fan
His 3-D palm tree with the dinosaur lights that started the whole thing
The front of his changing table

Love this saying!!!

The crib is Greco tested, Greco approved.

Above his crib

The corner area-rocking chair with changing table and bookcase.
His window-the dinos underneath are the ones from the piece of paper I found.
His closet door with his growth chart.

The room from the door.

No comments: