Saturday, September 11, 2010

37 Week Doctor's Visit

Yesterday was my weekly doctor visit. Some good news, some not so good news. Turns out, my body is still not doing anything-not good news. No dilating, no effacing, and Bennett still hasn't completely dropped. My doctor explained to me that she would induce no earlier than 39 weeks, which I totally agree with. I don't care to wait until 40 weeks to be induced. She also let me know that if I induced any earlier than that there are health concerns to Bennett as well as a higher chance of having to have a C-Section. I did decide that I wanted to be induced, however, I wanted to wait until 40 weeks. So, the date for my induction is set Monday, September 27, which will put him here, most likely, on Tuesday, September 28th. We will go in Monday night at 10:00 pm.

I am very excited about having a date, though I do still know Bennett could decide to change that date at any time. However, I am very nervous about some stuff. I have never stayed in the hospital in this capacity before. The last time I was at a hospital overnight was my own birth. I have never had to sleep in a hospital bed and have never had to be hooked up to that type of machinery. Also, given the fact that my body isn't doing anything right now, I worry that I may run the risk of ending up with a C-Section anyway. That makes me nervous about having major surgery, as I have never had that either. So many firsts, so much that is scary.

As scared as I am, I am getting more and more excited to meet this little guy. His room is incredible and cozy and I can't wait to show it to him. I can't wait to see his head full of hair and put on his own, cute clothes. I can't wait to hold him. The days are counting down now instead of up!

17 days!

No comments: