Thursday, September 24, 2009

Things are becoming clearer...




    These are counting bears.  They represent who I am in a way.  You see, these are used in schools to teach all kinds of things-counting, patterns, sorting, etc.  I love these bears.  I have used them for a TON of lessons. They are my go to.  These help fuel my love for teaching-the kids love them, I love them.
    I have been on a quest to figure out what I need to be doing in life.  I taught school, then left that, only to discover it is what I should be doing after all.  So, I began the task of finding a teaching job after the year had started-one I was not sure would bring me much luck.  
   Not only did it bring me some luck, it brought me more than I thought. I have two interviews for a teaching position tomorrow-and they could not be any more different! One is 5th grade, mostly Caucasian kids, teaching Language arts with 2 classes-one of boys and one of girls.  The other is teaching Kindergarten, all subjects, with a class of mostly African-American students. Wow!  
   I tell ya though, I am just so excited for tomorrow, I'm not sure I can sleep! Well, that may be a bit much...I can always sleep! :o) Either way though, I am so happy for these opportunities!

No comments: