Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Other Man in my Life



I wanted to write about the other man in my life-not the little man Bennett...the big man, Adam. I always thought he'd make a good dad. He is so sweet and kind. When Bennett came, I will admit-I had this new nervousness about him. He was a man, and kind of unsure as to what to do with Bennett sometimes. It just made me nervous. But once the hormones settled and I was able to chill out a bit, my eyes were opened.

Adam is a king. Bennett is so lucky to have him as a dad, and I am so lucky to have him as my husband and my little guy's daddy. I never have any fear of how they are doing when they hang out together. He works so hard to meet all of Bennett's needs and really learn him. As much as it PAINS me to admit it, there have been a few times when Adam has known what to do, while I have been lost. It's also nice to raise Bennett with someone who is a little bit thicker skinned. A couple of times when Bennett has needed to gripe a little at bedtime, Adam has sat there with me while I sobbed and assured me that I am ok and still a good mom.

Adam comes in kisses Bennett, talks to him, holds him, and on and on. He cheers when he rolls over and gets excited at all the new things Bennett is learning to do. All the things a super dad does. I feel such love for both of them when they are together. I have a daddy who I am pretty sure walks on water and I am so happy Bennett will have the kind of dad he can feel that way about.


2 comments:

abraao manoel said...

Congratulations for your blog. Your blog is very good. Visit my blog, comment and learn about the Rio de Janeiro - Brazil:http://descansandoamente.blogspot.com/

abraao manoel said...

wares