Sunday, August 29, 2010

Baby Update


I am now 4 1/2 weeks away from Bennett's arrival...hopefully. I went to the doctor on Wednesday, and she measured my belly, as she always does. Usually she says "Right on track." This time she said, "Hmm, you are 35 weeks, but you are measuring 39 weeks." I, of coursed, started to have a panic attack and said what any normal person would-"Does that mean he is coming next week? I don't have lesson plans ready!" She told me that it, most likely, does not mean he will be here next week, especially since she checked me and I have not dilated any. That is a relief. But, just to be sure, I got moving on my lesson plans, talked with my principal, and got my maternity leave forms turned in. I was getting really worried about not getting things done (which of course, I still am), but doing those couple of things really helped.


Bennett's room is almost finished, which is great. It is finished enough that he would have a cute room, should he come early, but my mom and her best friend Kathy are coming to paint some stuff on his wall. That is why I have not posted pictures of it yet-I want to wait until they get all the painting finished. I will say though, his room is going to be ADORABLE!


I had a baby shower this week with my friend from the school I taught at in Dalton. It was so awesome. My friends Jessica Aslinger and Luisa Hale threw it for me. It was so cute and thoughtful and I LOVED it! Here are some of the pictures from the shower.



My kind of shower food-pizza, chips, and candy! It was so yummy!


His name hung above the door-Jessica made it. It was SO cute!
Dinosaur cake. Made by Cynthia Martinez. Awesome and TASTY!

Opening gifts.




No comments: